Why the Wellesley Theatre Project?
Because there’s a need and a committed community:
- Strong community support for the arts in Wellesley and surrounding towns
- Great need is under-served: Lack of theatre arts programming at elementary schools
- Demonstrated high demand at middle and high school levels
- Cooperative and complementary relationship with Wellesley Public Schools
- Curriculum supports district learning goals
- Provides a level of production professionalism unmatched by other after-school options
- Wellesley Theatre Project is the only organization in Wellesley committed to exclusively providing performing arts education and performance opportunities.
Wellesley Theatre Project follows in the footsteps of most fine and performing arts institutions by being committed to cultivating community education and participation. WTP welcomes and values your support through donations, volunteering, sponsorships.
Wellesley Theatre Project applied for nonprofit status to ensure the income generated goes directly back into the organization keeping it aligned with the mission, not just the bottom line.
Our nonprofit status is also a gesture of giving back to our community, by providing scholarships to students in need, and tax-exempt donations to supporters.